The Journey of this amazing ‘Little World Collection’ started on the grubby streets of the Shukrawari (The quintessential Friday Chor Bazaar of Vadodara, Gujarat, India.
Legend has it that this market started at the time of thrones and kings in the 1700’s. Most people living in Vadodara at present can remember visiting or hearing about it since at least 60 years.)
What started as a trunk-full of scrap watch glasses, dusty and tainted, has been converted to these beautiful and unique pieces of jewellery and memorabilia by our amazing up-cycling talents.
Each piece from the collection contains a piece of fused Upcycled Watch Glass with Brass or Sterling Silver work around it. The fused glass is made from 2 sheets of Watch Glass with various colours of glass enamels sandwiched between.
The glasses are the fused slowly in our furnace at 650°C and what we get is each uniquely different piece of fused glass Art.
All the impurities that were on the glass in combination with the enamels produce minute bubbles and designs and no piece is the same!
We have various colour themes like Earth, Sun, Rainbow, Sky and even a Surprise Me!
Our Rakhis and Friendship Bands are made from Upcycled Glass with brass work around.
They come in various colours with coordinated threads… And as a special treat for your dear one, we'll be shipping them with engraved custom names and with our miniature 'Message in a Bottle, which will surely steal your heart... Comes with a message inside with a cork to seal it off.
The very cute, the very green and the very upcycled Mini Wonky Message in a Bottle are made from medical waste bottles and melted in the furnace at 700°Celsius and are just awesome.
1. True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi connects automatically.
2. Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together. – Woodrow T. Wilson
3. There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate. Linda Grayson
4. A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you. – Elbert Hubbard
5. It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. – Marlene Dietrich
6. Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes. – Friedrich Nietzsche
7. Friends are the family you choose – Jess C. Scott
8. Some people go to priests, others to poetry, I to my friends. – Virginia Woolf
9. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. - Albert Camus
10.There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met. - Jim Henson
PS: All WonkyWorks upcycled products are made from actual waste glass. Each piece is slightly different depending on the waste material available. Support us by buying an environmental-conscience product :) and remember to REDUCE, REUSE and RECYCLE
Go green now and flaunt your lack of carbon footprint!
Material: Upcycled Glass Scrap
Process: Hand-crafted, Kiln-formed Glass
Properties: Fade-proof, Peel-free and Washable
Packaging: Recyclable Wonky Secure Packaging.
Manufacturing: Made by Women, Made for the Environment